Network of RFCs
Eleven Rail Freight Corridors acknowledged the common aim of developing European Rail Freight Corridors in a competitive network and promotion of consistency of approaches for issues of cross-corridor interest.
The Management Boards of all RFCs shared and supported the vision of striving to make the RFC network the first choice for all cross-border freight traffic for their customers. Implementation of this vision encouraged RFCs to introduce the frame of conduct in order to achieve best results:
- cooperate whenever deemed appropriate to improve the quality of corridor products and customer services;
- jointly foster compatible solutions for issues mutually identified as of primary and general interest to support seamless operations on an RFC network;
- organize regular meetings of its representatives in order to define the common scope of cooperation for the RFCs;
- sketch proposals and suggest next steps for reaching a common approach;
- strive to work out and present common positions to third parties whenever possible and required.
All eleven RFCs agreed to work towards the creation of a harmonized and customer-friendly network for rail freight transport across Europe (click to enlarge the RFC Network map). The below video presents the RFC Network (click to play).