PaPs are dedicated capacity for international rail freight, published in a PaP catalogue on the 2nd Monday of January of each year for the following timetable (11 months before the timetable change). PaPs are defined in accordance with specific parameters such as load, length or locomotive type and are organized and presented in logical geographical sections. The PaP-catalogue is displayed in a transparent way in the IT tool called Path Coordination System (PCS) and forms the basis for international train path requests.
Main features of the Pre-arranged Paths (PaPs) are :
- international paths, which are pre-constructed and harmonized at network borders
- defined following specific parameters
- published 11 months before the TT Change (X-11)
- protected in the IMs planning tools against significant changes resulting from other capacity requests
- published in a transparent way using IT tool PCS
- allocated via the C-OSS on behalf of the involved IMs/AB
The C-OSS accepts capacity requests from railway undertakings, international groupings of railway undertakings and other persons or legal entities, such as shippers, freight forwarders and combined transport operators (in accordance with the Article 15 of Regulation (EU) 913/2010).
Do not hesitate to contact your C-OSS for assistance
RFC North Sea - Baltic PaP Catalogue TT 2023 10.01.2022
C-OSS community Calendar 12.01.2022